What am I reading right now?


I have a habit of reading multiple books at once. Hopefully I'm not alone in this. As I have just gotten off of a wonderful vacation, I took a good chunk of that time to read. And as you might imagine, my reading list is right at the intersection of  Race, Religion, and education (I couldn't think of another "r" word that means the same as education). Some of these books are what I'm currently reading, so I don't have a review on it per-se. But hopefully they are helpful.

Race
How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized trauma and the pathways to mending our hearts and bodies  by Resmaa Menakem
Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman (which could also be in the religion category, but ah well)

Education
The Tao of Montessori: Reflections on Compassionate teaching by Catherine McTamaney
Citizen of the World by Maria Montessori

Religion  Jesus
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
The Little book of Christian Living by John Calvin

I could also add the Bible to this list, as this is what I read continuously. Why? Because I literally can't survive in this world if I don't. What are you reading right now? I'd love to add more books to my list.

Comments

  1. Just got through reading, "Making War & Making Peace
    Why Some Christians Fight And Some Don't
    Dennis Byler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts